4th Annual Florida Archives Workshop
The 4th Annual Florida Archives Workshop will be held on Saturday, February 24, 2018 from 9AM to 4PM at Redeemer Lutheran Church, 3377 Aloma Ave., Winter Park, FL 32792.
Presentations will include oldtimer interviews, digitizing archive materials, and group histories. Registration includes workshop materials and lunch.
Registration is $15.00 per person. Please make checks or money orders payable to District 30 Treasurer and mail with name and contact information for each person to PO Box 24223, Jacksonville, FL 32257. Deadline for registration is February 1, 2018.
Archives Legacy of Service
The Archives Committee has three elected officer positions, 1) Committee Chairperson, 2) Secretary/Treasurer and 3) one elected non-rotating position of Archivist. All positions are elected in Committee by a modified Third Legacy Procedure in even years and presented for approval at the Area business meeting that year in the month of October. The remainder of the committee is comprised of all of the Area 15 District Archives Chairpersons who are elected in their own Districts.
Provides a forum for Districts to share experience among the archivists in Area 15. The scope of Area 15 Archives collection will include:
• An archival history of the actions of the Area 15 Committee transacted at its business meetings, as recorded in the printed minutes (per Area Current Practice, printed minutes are retained in perpetuity). The Committee currently maintains two sets of minutes. The original set is locked in special boxes stored in the Archives storage locker. The second set, also stored in the Archives storage locker is brought to Quarterlies for display.
• A media type recording of each Quarterly Area business meeting will be retained for a minimum of six (6) months.
• The Archives Committee retains five (5) years plus the current year’s financial records.
• The Committee permanently retains all Area 15 documents and Area 15 financial records
associated with the International Convention.
• The Area 15 Treasurer and the Archives Committee are responsible for destroying the financial records older than five (5) years by June 1st of each year, except the financial records associated with the International Conventions.
• Area minutes, historical material and artifacts pertinent to Area 15 will be retained and preserved. Other appropriate history will be preserved when requested by other Area Committees.
The Committee meets at each Area 15 Quarterly. The Chairperson will report Committee activities orally at the Area business meeting and in written form for inclusion in the Area minutes. The Secretary/Treasurer will present the Committee’s Treasurer’s Report at the Area business meetings unless the Archives Chair is requested to do so, provide Minutes of Committee Business to its members and other interested individuals, and provide the Area Finance Committee with an annual request for funds at budget time. The Archivist will be responsible to bring copies of the Area minutes and if possible traveling displays with a representative sample of other material and artifacts pertinent to Area 15.