Recording Secretary Responsibilities
- Revises and prepares the Area Letterhead for the incoming Committee and distributes it to the Area Officers.
- Receives the Agenda for the upcoming Area business meeting, prepared by the Area Chairperson, and attaches it to the minutes of the previous Area business meeting.
- Compiles, prints, copies, collates, addresses, and mails the Quarterly Minutes and Agenda, within forty‐five (45) days after the Area business meeting, per resolution.
- Records all motions acted on at the Area business meeting and places them at the end of the Area business meeting minutes.
- Renews the Bulk Mail Permit from the U.S. Postal Service on the annual date as required and maintains an appropriate quarterly balance in the bulk mail account.
- Renews the annual contract with the e‐mail provider on the annual date as required.
- Applies the e‐mail list provided by Registrar to the bulk e‐mail website.
- Applies the “Confidential” watermark and confidentiality footer to the e‐mailed minutes.
- Sends the e‐mailed minutes between 30 and 45 days following the Area business meeting and sends the Agenda for the upcoming Quarterly to everyone on the bulk e‐mail list.
- Compiles a set of Spanish language minutes and the upcoming Agenda, translated by the Area Linguistic Committee. Mails or e‐mails the translated minutes and Agenda to Spanish speaking members, using mailing labels provided by the Registrar, and to the District Chairpersons.
- Records the number of persons registered at the Quarterlies and the number of General Service Representatives in attendance at the Area business meetings.
- Presents the minutes for correction and approval at the Area business meeting. Forwards the final approved minutes and audio tape(s) of the Area business meeting to the Area Archives Chairperson.
- Co‐Chairs the District Secretaries’ sharing session with the Area Registrar at the Area Quarterlies.
- Provides the Finance Committee with Recording Secretary’s budget request at budget time.
- Submits a quarterly expense report, including all receipts, to the Area Treasurer.
- Returns all unspent budgeted funds to the Area Treasurer by December 31st of that budgeted year.
- Serves as an ex‐officio member of the Area Linguistic Committee.
Email Recording Secretary: