• Area Chairperson creates and sets the header content for the Area 15 Minutes, Area 15 Agenda, and the Area 15 Letterhead.
• Sets the Area’s business meeting agenda and forwards this information to the Recording Secretary in time for the minutes to be mailed no later than 45 days after each Quarterly business meeting. (Agenda items are to be in the hands of the Chairperson no later than 30 days after each Quarterly business meeting.)
• Chairs the South Florida Area’s business meetings.
• Either a willingness to learn or be knowledgeable with Roberts Rules of Order as used by Area 15 in order to facilitate the Area business meeting.
• Familiarity with motions passed by the Area 15 body in the Book of Motions that pertain to function of Area 15.
• Chairs the District Chairpersons’ sharing session at the Area Assembly weekend.
• Presents Chairperson’s Remarks orally at the Area business meeting and forwards a copy to the Recording Secretary and Spanish Interpreters.
• Appoints the Finance Committee Chairperson, Quarterly Coordinator Committee Chairperson and Outreach Committee Chairperson and presents these appointments for disapproval at the Area business meeting.
• Signs quarterly hosting contracts approved by the body and coordinates with the District Quarterly Host Chair, Area 15 Treasurer, and the Quarterly Coordinator.
• Serves as an Ex-officio member of the Finance Committee and the Current Practices Committee.
• Communicate and inform the Delegate, Alternate Delegate, Area Treasurer, Area Registrar, Area Recording Secretary, Area Committee Chairs and Past Delegates residing in Area 15 what is going on in the Area.
• Willingness to assist local Districts upon request whenever possible.
• Provides the Finance Committee with Chairperson’s budget request at budget time.
• Submits a quarterly expense report, including all receipts, to the Area Treasurer.
• Returns all unspent budgeted funds to the Area Treasurer by December 31st of that budgeted year.
• Annually reviews with the Area 15 Finance Chair and Area 15 Treasurer; the equipment inventory list of equipment purchased by Area 15, who is in possession of equipment and reports to the Area 15 body.
• Attends the Southeast Regional Forum on even years.
• Optional: Hosts informal meeting of Area Officers and Standing Committee Chairpersons in January of each year.
• Optional: Hosts a virtual monthly meeting with District Chairpersons/Alternates to help support each other and exchange information.
• Optional: Hosts an informal Meet and Greet from 7-8 PM on Friday night of Assembly weekend