- Chairs the South Florida Area’s business meetings.
- Sets the Area’s business meeting agenda and forwards this information to the Recording Secretary in time for the minutes to be mailed no later than 45 days after each Quarterly business meeting. (Agenda items are to be in the hands of the Chairperson no later than 30 days after each Quarterly business meeting.)
- Appoints the Finance Committee Chairperson and Quarterly Coordinator and presents these appointments for approval at the Area business meeting.
- Serves as an Ex‐officio member of the Finance Committee and the Current Practices Committee.
- When invited, chairs the District Chairpersons’ sharing session at the Area business meeting.
- Presents Chairperson’s Remarks orally at the Area business meeting and forwards a copy to the Recording Secretary.
- Provides the Finance Committee with Chairperson’s budget request at budget time.
- Submits a quarterly expense report, including all receipts, to the Area Treasurer.
- Returns all unspent budgeted funds to the Area Treasurer by December 31st of that budgeted year.
- Attends the Southeast Regional Forum.
- Optional: Hosts informal meeting of Area Officers and Standing Committee Chairpersons.