$7.27 on 7/27
If every member contributed $7.27 one time, it would support all of the services GSO provides to all groups, for one year!
- Accounts for all Area monies received and disbursed while complying with Internal Revenue Service regulations.
- Maintains signature cards with the Area 15 bank, ensuring that the Area 15 Officers are authorized to endorse checks and otherwise conduct Area 15’s financial business.
- Maintains original copies of the South Florida Area 15 Charter, 501(c)3 filing and Consumer’s Certificate of Exemption (FL Sales & Use Tax) and assures that the Accountant representing Area 15 has the originals.
- Reports group contributions, checks disbursed, income and expenses and account balances for the preceding quarter at each Area business meeting and forwards a copy to the Recording Secretary.
- Supervises the basket collection at Area business meetings.
- Makes hotel reservations for Area Officers, Area Committee Chairpersons, participating Past Delegates and invited guests, per Area resolutions, and distributes copies of arrangements to all involved.
- Prepares a “Cash Flow Report” for the Area Finance Committee Chairperson on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepares a quarterly and annual “Thank You Letter” to each group contributing to Area 15.
- Pays all expenses for Area guests.
- Chairs the District Treasurers’ sharing session at Area Quarterlies.
- Attends and participates as a member of the Area Finance Committee
- Provides the Finance Committee with Treasurer’s budget request at budget time.
- Maintains a quarterly Treasurer’s expense report including all receipts.
- Returns all unspent budgeted funds to the Area Treasury by December 31st of that budgeted year.
- Transfers any overage in the Prudent Reserve Account to the Operating Account annually.
- Presents excess funds for the prior year to the General Service Office in January of each year, per resolution.
- Presents the Area Committee with a full Financial Report of the previous year at the second Quarterly of each year, per resolution, and forwards a copy of this report to the Recording Secretary.
- Ensures that the Treasurer, or Accountant, representing Area 15 maintains the correct Officers’ names and addresses with the State of Florida for the FL Sales & Use Tax Exemptions and with the Internal Revenue Service for the 501(c)3 filing.
- Contacts the Accountant representing Area 15, in January of each year, to prepare 501(c)3 filing with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Provides annual financial records to the Area 15 Archives Committee.
- Attends the Southeast Regional Forum.
In accordance with our 7th Tradition,
member and group contributions can be sent to:
Area 15 Treasurer Panel 67
P.O. Box 56
Sebring, FL 33870